Care & Maintenance Standards
Borgo is proud to bring our commitment to comfort and quality into your office space.
In order to preserve the integrity and longevity of our products, BORGO has established certain care and maintenance standards for our products. Two important reminders: when using any cleaning agent, we recommend that a small, inconspicuous area be pre-tested for colorfastness before cleaning the stain. And in the case of overall soil condition or a large-scale stain, you should contact a professional furniture cleaning service for cleaning recommendations.
In order to keep your furniture looking its best we urge you to follow our care and maintenance information.
Caring for Your FurnitureImportant! Improper cleaning and maintenance of any material may result in the voiding of the material warranty. Always wipe cleaning solvent off after use.
Wood & Laminates
Fabric, Mesh & Leather
Wood & Laminates
WoodBorgo’s extensive finishing process ensures a durable finish on all our products, with the following steps you can protect and prolong the life and beauty of the finish. Notice Borgo puts forth every effort to minimize variations in our wood finishing processes. Wood is a natural product, some variations in grain, color and stain acceptance should be anticipated.
- Place felt pads on the bottom of any accessory or mechanical equipment, rubber and oil will permanently mark the surface.
- Use a desk pad to prevent possible damage and imprinting caused by writing instruments and sharp objects.
- Dust only with a clean, dry cloth going with the grain.
- Clean any marks with a damp cloth using a small quantity of mild soap or detergent.
- Do not use any wax-based polish, spray or silicone they will eventually cause discoloration.
- Do not place your furniture in a position of permanent exposure to direct sunlight.
- Clean Plastic Laminates with mild soap and water.
- Wipe the entire surface, with the grain and follow up with a clean, dry soft cloth.
- Do not use steel wool, hot water or any abrasive cleaning product they may damage the laminate.
MetalWash surface regularly with mild soap and water. Dry with a clean cloth or soft paper towel to prevent soap streaks.
PlasticsWash surface regularly with mild soap and water. Dry with a clean cloth or soft paper towel to prevent soap streaks.
All of Borgo’s polymer chairs are easy to clean and sanitize. To clean your polymer chair, you can: Steam Clean the seat at 212°F (100°C), use a cloth dampened with a mixture of Water and 70% Isopropyl Alcohol or a mixture of Water and Ammonia Solution at 0.1% Dilution.
GlassBorgo frosted glass doors, tabletops, modesty panels and privacy screens are susceptible to fingerprint grease residue when the frosted side of the glass is touched. If possible wear latex gloves when installing or moving frosted glass.
- Simply wipe with an ammonia based cleaner using a micro fiber cloth.
- The key in cleaning frosted glass is to clean the whole inside surface so that it will appear uniform with no streaking.
- Frosted glass is cleaned basically the same way as regular glass but the inside frosted surface may need to be wiped a couple of times in order to get all of the dirt/grease out of the fine pours.
Fabric, Mesh & Leather
FarbicsFabrics are comprised of a variety of fiber construction. They are colorfast to standard wet and dry cleaning procedures. Avoid excessive brushing or rubbing during cleaning to prevent damage of the fabric surface. Due to the low absorption properties, soiling will tend to remain on the fiber surface. To prevent overall soiling, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is recommended. Always consult the Textile Manufacture about various care and maintenance standards for their textiles.
Use only professional upholstery cleaning.
MeshVacuum fabric as needed using an upholstery attachment. Vacuuming picks up dust and reduces the need for professional cleaning. Do not use a rotary brush attachment. Immediately wipe up stains with a soft absorbent cloth. Do not dry the stain completely or it may set. Remove any remaining dirt with soap and warm water. If stain persist, gently dab the are with professional upholstery cleaner. Do not rub or scrub.
LeatherLeather is a natural product and requires very little care during use.
- Most stains can be removed with a clean dry cloth.
- For stubborn spots and stains, use a mild non-detergent cleaner, rinse well and let air dry naturally.
- Do not use saddle soap, cleaning solvents, furniture polish, oils, varnish, abrasive cleaners, soaps or ammonia waters.
Proper Maintenance of Mechanical PartsAll mechanical parts are inspected and precisely adjusted prior to delivery. However, mechanisms such as drawer slides and locks can fall out of alignment during travel. If any of these items do not operate properly on delivery please contact your dealer for service work. Performing regular maintenance of mechanical parts will enhance their durability. The following maintenance steps will maintain smooth and quick mechanical operation.
- Lubricate the area housing the ball bearings every 3 to 6 months with a quality jelly-like petroleum based lubricant.
- Always be sure that your Desk and Credenza are level, to ensure correct drawer alignment.
Contact Sales Rep
Care & Maintenance
Fixed Seating Checklist
Quick Ship Program